To help you ship secure code, Detectify integrates directly into the #1 software development tool for agile teams, Atlassian’s JIRA. We support both cloud and on-premise solutions - here's how to set up the integration.
1. Set up your JIRA account! We assume that you are already fully aware of how JIRA works. If not, the nice people at Atlassian provide a 7-day trial that you can try out for free.
2. Once you have your account up and running, head over to the Detectify tool, select your scan profile, then click on Settings and Integrations.
3. By clicking View, you can expand the JIRA integration setup options.
4. Enter your JIRA username, password, and URL. Confirm by clicking Next. If you are using an on-premise solution, click on I'm using an on-prem solution.
Once your credentials are saved, you can adjust the integration setup by selecting a project, issue type, notification types, and enabling automatic exports to JIRA (note that automatic exports are only available for JIRA cloud users).
If you are using an on-premise solution, you will see a different prompt asking you to enter your Project ID, Issue Type ID, and JIRA URL.
4.1. To find your Project ID, navigate to your project settings in JIRA. You will find your Project ID at the end of the URL.
4.2. To find your Issue Type ID, go to your JIRA account and select JIRA Administration, then click on Issues to see a list of issue types.
Click on Edit to the right of any issue type and the Issue Type ID will be displayed in the URL.
5. Once your credentials are saved, you will see a message confirming that your integration with JIRA has been created.
6. You're all set! If you are using JIRA cloud and enabled automatic exports, new issues based on your findings will be created in JIRA. If you are using an on-premise solution, you can manually export your findings directly from your findings list.