The Surface Monitoring Service is a functionality that is bought separately from our web scanning service. If you want to know more about this, please contact email@example.com
1. Go to “Asset Inventory” tab
2. Click on “Add Asset” in the top right corner
3. Type in the domain you wish to add and click “Add”
4. Unless you have purchased a package which allows you to bypass validation, you will need to verify your domain. You can verify your domain ownership in five different ways: with Google Analytics, DNS records (txt), DNS records (CNAME), txt file or meta tag. You can remove the meta tag or txt record after you have verified your domain. If none of the verification methods work for you, you can request assisted verification.
5. Click on your newly added and verified domain and you will be forwarded to your Asset Overview where in the top right corner you can see the Surface Monitoring tab.
6. Click on the Surface Monitoring tab to open Surface Monitoring Settings
7. Here you can enable or disable Surface Monitoring, as well as configure the Surface Monitoring Settings:
8. You are now good to go. Subdomains we detect as being at risk will appear as and when we discover them and you will be notified via email, your integration channels and through the Detectify dashboard. Please note that all jobs will be placed in a queue and, as a result, the time it will take for the initial scan to complete may differ
Please note, that by default we will use bruteforce and scraping as means of gathering potentially vulnerable subdomains, however, if you’d prefer, we can accept a zone file with your pre-selected subdomains of a given apex domain
If you wish to activate Surface Monitoring for one or more of your domains but aren’t able to do so following the above instructions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
For more information about our Surface Monitoring Service check out : https://support.detectify.com/support/solutions/articles/48001049198-asset-monitoring